Location: Calgary Alberta
Work for a solid company that'll provide you with the opportunity for a bright future!
Our client is currently in need of an Accounting Manager for their Calgary office. This organization is a large, well-established investment company that deals in commercial real estate.
This position is ultimately responsible for overseeing the property accounts department, and for maintaining accounts with tenants, suppliers and internal departments. This position requires someone with a clear understanding of financial concepts, as you will be responsible for overseeing credit and collections, as well as for following up on accounts payable. This position is also responsible for ensuring that all leasing documents are complete, up-to-date and accurate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as a liaison between various departments within the organization, ensuring that properties within the portfolio are properly managed and accounted for
- Prepare financial reports
- Manage property accountants, providing training as required
- Review work coming from the property accounting department, ensuring accuracy, completion of monthly reporting, and year-end documentation
- Ensure financial statements are complete and accurate
- Act as a representative of the company at various networking meetings or conferences
- Participate in training seminars and courses
- Develop or modify policies and procedures as required, with the intent of improving efficiency and accuracy
- A degree in accounting
- An accounting designation CA/CGA/CMA
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in an accounting role within a property management or real estate company
- Experience with accounting policy and procedures (GAAP)
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Proficient with the use of computers, including MS Office products, CTI Financial System
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Through joining our client's winning team, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, learning opportunities, and the chance to progress within your career. This organization recognizes the efforts of their employees and strives to create a positive work environment. Rest assured that you'll be working with a great team that prides itself on providing the very best quality service.
For over 30 years, Harcourt Recruiting Specialists have represented an elite selection of companies who are interested in attracting their future leaders. If this position does not interest you, please feel free to submit your resume for future consideration. You can forward your resume by email or online here or review the other opportunities we offer at www.harcourt.ca/jobs.
Jobs by Category
- Accounting / Finance
- Construction / Management - Construction
- Drafting & Design
- Engineering & Technical
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Management - Executive
- Management - Manufacturing
- Marketing & Communications
- Sales / Business Development
- Supply Chain, Logistics & Purchasing