Location: Edmonton Alberta
An opportunity to build your own team!
Our client, a large and well-established fabrication company within the oil and gas sector, is currently in need of an experienced HSE Manager for their Edmonton team. This position will report to the General Manager and is ultimately responsible for overseeing HSE programs and ensuring that the objectives of HSE programs are met. The successful candidate will be someone who has experience, both in and out of the field.
This position comes with a competitive base salary, plus bonus and access to a company vehicle. Our client's organization also provides their employees with opportunities for professional growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement health and safety programs that adhere to company objectives
- Supervise staff members within the HSE department
- Conduct site visits to ensure HSE program objectives are met
- Investigate and report on site incidents
- Implement corrective actions as required
- Maintain safety manuals
- Conduct internal safety audits
- WCB claim management
- Provide HSE training sessions
- Act as a liaison with government and regulatory agencies
- A degree, diploma or certificate in OHS
- 5+ years of experience in an HSE role
- CSRP designation (completed or in progress) is a strong asset
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience
- Clear communication skills, written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of computers, including Microsoft Office products
Are you interested in working for our client's progressive company? Then please apply in confidence by submitting your resume, in Microsoft Word format, to Suzanne Reynolds, Recruiter, either by email or online at www.harcourt.ca/submit-your-resume .
For over 30 years, Harcourt Recruiting Specialists have represented an elite selection of companies who are interested in attracting their future leaders. If this position does not interest you, please feel free to submit your resume for future consideration. You can forward your resume by email or online here or review the other opportunities we offer at www.harcourt.ca/jobs.
Jobs by Category
- Accounting / Finance
- Construction / Management - Construction
- Drafting & Design
- Engineering & Technical
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Management - Executive
- Management - Manufacturing
- Marketing & Communications
- Sales / Business Development
- Supply Chain, Logistics & Purchasing