Location: Fort McMurray Edmonton Alberta
Are you searching for a role with one of the top companies in the construction industry? Your opportunity awaits…
Our client is currently in search of an Estimator/Pre-Construction Planner to add to their successful and growing team.
This role can be based in either Edmonton or Fort McMurray.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review bid packages, blueprints and drawings
- Calculate quantity take-offs, detailing all materials required
- Schedule labour, equipment, materials and sub-contractors
- Attend pre-bid meetings
- Adjust project costs as required
- Track estimated costs against actual costs
- Roll job estimates into accounting software program for monitoring
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors
- Prepare for construction by applying for building permits, land titles, site IDs, etc.
- Request changes to drawings and documents as required
- Prepare development packages
- Oversee contractor documentation/contracts
- Consolidate schedules and other working documents
- Prepare progress reports for projects
- Document management
- Completion of CET designation is a strong asset
- 3+ years of experience in a related position
- Proficient in the use of computers, including Microsoft Office, Timberline, etc.
- Office administration experience is an asset
- Familiarity with the construction field
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Clear communication skills
You've worked for the rest - now work for the best! This position comes with a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits plan.
For over 30 years, Harcourt Recruiting Specialists have represented an elite selection of companies who are interested in attracting their future leaders. If this position does not interest you, please feel free to submit your resume for future consideration. You can forward your resume by email or online here or review the other opportunities we offer at www.harcourt.ca/jobs.
Jobs by Category
- Accounting / Finance
- Construction / Management - Construction
- Drafting & Design
- Engineering & Technical
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Management - Executive
- Management - Manufacturing
- Marketing & Communications
- Sales / Business Development
- Skilled Trades
- Supply Chain, Logistics & Purchasing