Location: Edmonton Alberta
This is your chance to be part of a top-notch legal team!
Our downtown client is currently seeking a Litigation Assistant with litigation experience. This role is within this law firm's litigation support department, which is a highly developed and dedicated team that works very well together.
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, dicta-typing, drafting and filing court documents
- File preparation and management
- Book court dates, discoveries and communicate with registries
- Organize, assemble and draft chambers records, books of authorities, court pleadings and prepare agreements as required
- Conduct searches and carry out investigations through internet and other means
- Other legal duties as required
- 5+ years experience as a litigation assistant or a highly motivated junior assistant with a basic understanding of litigation
- Legal Diploma/Certificate or equivalent program
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with MS Office
- Must be accurate and detail-oriented and possess sound judgment and initiative
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills with ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately, and maintain mutual comfort level while relating to a diverse group of individuals
- Able to remain productive within time-sensitive and fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities required
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision
A great compensation package and an exceptional work environment awaits you!
For over 30 years, Harcourt Recruiting Specialists have represented an elite selection of companies who are interested in attracting their future leaders. If this position does not interest you, please feel free to submit your resume for future consideration. You can forward your resume by email or online here or review the other opportunities we offer at www.harcourt.ca/jobs.
Jobs by Category
- Accounting / Finance
- Construction / Management - Construction
- Drafting & Design
- Engineering & Technical
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Management - Executive
- Management - Manufacturing
- Marketing & Communications
- Sales / Business Development
- Supply Chain, Logistics & Purchasing