Commercial Construction Superintendent
Location: Calgary Alberta
Are you looking to build a rewarding career with one of Alberta's most desirable and sought after organizations?
Our client, an industry leader in the construction industry, is now hiring a Commercial Construction Superintendent for their Calgary team.
The Construction Superintendent is ultimately responsible for coordinating all site construction activities and supervising field personnel to successfully complete projects on schedule and on budget.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities.
- Direct field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule and on budget, with quality workmanship that complies with plans and specifications.
- Maintain construction schedule, identify and solve problems.
- Order materials and schedule inspections as necessary throughout the construction process.
- Understand the project plans and specifications.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Prepare, schedule and supervise project completion.
- Promote jobsite safety, encourage safe work practices and rectify jobsite hazards.
- Ensure all company employees and contractors adhere to company safety policies.
- Maintain an organized jobsite, including the site office.
- Civil engineering degree is preferred, or CET in civil construction.
- Ten+ years of experience in commercial construction.
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of commercial construction.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Our client's company is highly regarded for being both progressive and innovative. They offer competitive salaries, benefits packages and profit-sharing programs to their valued staff.
For over 30 years, Harcourt Recruiting Specialists have represented an elite selection of companies who are interested in attracting their future leaders. If this position does not interest you, please feel free to submit your resume for future consideration. You can forward your resume by email or online here or review the other opportunities we offer at www.harcourt.ca/jobs.
Jobs by Category
- Accounting / Finance
- Construction / Management - Construction
- Drafting & Design
- Engineering & Technical
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Management - Executive
- Management - Manufacturing
- Marketing & Communications
- Sales / Business Development
- Supply Chain, Logistics & Purchasing