Construction Manager (Industrial Construction)
Location: Calgary Alberta
A top leadership position with an industry-leading organization. What could be better?
Our client is currently in need of an experienced Construction Manager who will lead a team of professionals involved in Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD).
This is a key leadership position within their organization which requires a professional who can ensure that all project targets are met or exceeded, including those associated with budget, scheduling, project quality, environmental, and site safety.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and mentoring to all team members associated with the project
- Supervise engineers, project managers, procurement staff and construction contractors
- Ensure targets are met with regard to budget, schedule, safety, and project specs
- Facilitate communication between all parties involved in project execution
- Evaluate project success and team performance
- Encourage effective implementation of the organization's objectives
- Represent the organization in professional groups, conferences and meetings
- A degree in engineering or business (a combination of industrial construction trades combined with relevant experience will be considered)
- 15+ years of leadership experience in industrial construction (preferably in oil and gas)
- Current experience with project management and construction management practices (such as scheduling, estimating, budgeting, risk management, etc.)
- Effective leadership skills and the ability to build effective teams
- Thorough understanding of OH&S and HSE principles
- Clear communication skills and the ability to lead engaging presentations
- Negotiation skills
- A comprehensive network of contacts within the industry
- Professional engineering designation (P.Eng) is an asset
- Completion of a project management certification (such as PMP) is an asset
This position comes with a competitive salary package. Our client's organization values their people as their greatest resource and provides their staff with plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth. They pride themselves upon their dedication to social responsibility. Rest assured that you'd be working for a company that sees their staff as more than just a means to an end.
Take the first step toward joining our client's winning team. Please submit your resume, in Microsoft Word format, to Clinton DeWitt, Recruiter, either by email, online at www.harcourt.ca/submit-your-resume or through LinkedIn at http://ca.linkedin.com/in/clintdewitt.
For over 30 years, Harcourt Recruiting Specialists have represented an elite selection of companies who are interested in attracting their future leaders. If this position does not interest you, please feel free to submit your resume for future consideration. You can forward your resume by email or online here or review the other opportunities we offer at www.harcourt.ca/jobs.
Jobs by Category
- Accounting / Finance
- Construction / Management - Construction
- Drafting & Design
- Engineering & Technical
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Management - Executive
- Management - Manufacturing
- Marketing & Communications
- Sales / Business Development
- Supply Chain, Logistics & Purchasing