Location: Calgary Alberta
Do you aspire for a leadership position within an industry-leading energy company?
Our client is currently in need of an experienced Finance Manager for their Calgary-based team. Our client's firm is a leader in the Canadian oil and gas industry and a highly sought after employer. In fact, they are one of the top 5 energy producers in the country, and they have several overseas operations as well.
This role is essentially as a strategic partner to the VP. The successful candidate will conduct reporting and investment analysis, provide support in decision making, and contribute to the development of strategic plans.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure financial performance information and analysis meets requirements
- Ensure accuracy of financial information
- Provide support in formulating and executing financial business strategies
- Apply the organization's accounting policies
- Lead budget and forecast preparation
- Ensure investment proposals are properly supported, evaluated and challenged in accordance with company guidelines
- Ensure royalty and joint venture compliance
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to improve financial processes, including developing standardized processes
- Bachelor's degree in commerce
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
- 10+ years of experience in finance and accounting roles within the oil and gas industry
- 10+ years of supervisory/leadership experience
- Experience with IFRS
- Proficient in the use of computers, including SAP, Business Warehouse Applications and Microsoft Office products
- Goal setting skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to lead a team
This position comes with a competitive salary package. Our client's organization values their people as their greatest resource and provides their staff with plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth. They pride themselves upon their dedication to social responsibility. Rest assured that you'd be working for a company that sees their staff as more than just a means to an end.
Take the first step toward joining our client's winning team. Please submit your resume, in Microsoft Word format, to Sean Nethercott, Recruiter, either by email or online at www.harcourt.ca/submit-your-resume .
For over 30 years, Harcourt Recruiting Specialists have represented an elite selection of companies who are interested in attracting their future leaders. If this position does not interest you, please feel free to submit your resume for future consideration. You can forward your resume by email or online here or review the other opportunities we offer at www.harcourt.ca/jobs.
Jobs by Category
- Accounting / Finance
- Construction / Management - Construction
- Drafting & Design
- Engineering & Technical
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Management - Executive
- Management - Manufacturing
- Marketing & Communications
- Sales / Business Development
- Supply Chain, Logistics & Purchasing