Location: Calgary Alberta
Here's your opportunity to work with an industry-leading organization. What could be better?
Our client is currently in need of an experienced Finance Manager - Conventional to fill a position within their Calgary-based operation. Our client's firm is a true leader in the Canadian oil and gas industry. In fact, they are one of the top 5 energy producers in the country, and they have several overseas operations as well.
This is a strategic role within the organization and is responsible for overseeing duties related to reporting, analysis and business planning. Though not directly related to budgeting, investments and other facets of the accounting/finance practice, this role is required to act as a liaison with other areas of the finance department to ensure that business needs accurately and efficiently deliver upon business requirements.
- Providing support in the formulation and execution of business strategies
- Ensure financial information and analysis supports the organization's requirements
- Ensure the overall accuracy of financial information and application of the company's accounting practices
- Lead budget and forecast preparations
- Ensure investment proposals are properly evaluated
- Collaborate with the accounting and finance team to improve internal processes
- Ensure royalty and joint venture compliance
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in commerce
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
- 10+ years of experience in accounting/finance within the oil and gas sector
- 10+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience with IFRS
- Experience with heavy oil operations is an asset
- Proficient in the use of computers, including Microsoft Office products, SAP and Business Warehouse applications
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
This position comes with a competitive salary package. Our client's organization values their people as their greatest resource and provides their staff with plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth. They pride themselves upon their dedication to social responsibility. Rest assured that you'd be working for a company that sees their staff as more than just a means to an end.
Take the first step toward joining our client's winning team. Please submit your resume, in Microsoft Word format, to Sean Nethercott, Recruiter, either by email or online at www.harcourt.ca/submit-your-resume.
For over 30 years, Harcourt Recruiting Specialists have represented an elite selection of companies who are interested in attracting their future leaders. If this position does not interest you, please feel free to submit your resume for future consideration. You can forward your resume by email or online here or review the other opportunities we offer at www.harcourt.ca/jobs.
Jobs by Category
- Accounting / Finance
- Construction / Management - Construction
- Drafting & Design
- Engineering & Technical
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Management - Executive
- Management - Manufacturing
- Marketing & Communications
- Sales / Business Development
- Supply Chain, Logistics & Purchasing